Slow Food Des Moines board member Deb Cazavillan will be representing Slow Food Des Moines in Italy this fall! She has been selected as a delegate to Terra Madre, the biennial, international Slow Food gathering.
While it’s an honor to be chosen as a US delegate, and some of her expenses are covered by being named a delegate, there are still plenty of other costs (including transportation to Turin, and housing while she’s there) that she will have to fund on her own.
We invite you to join other Slow Food Des Moines members in helping Deb represent Iowa, and the US delegation, at Terra Madre.
Here’s how you can help:
- Contribute a product, service, or gift certificate from your business that will go into several “themed” Gift Baskets. Baskets will be raffled at the Slow Food Potluck September 7. (You do not have to be present to win or to contribute.)
- Buy a raffle ticket (or tickets): simply go to canyoubakeacherrypie.com . Scroll down to Sept 1st and buy raffle tickets for valuable gourmet prizes. Donated prizes will be “bundled” in $200 – $300 value.
Examples of donations already received from local businesses:
- $50 gift certificates to locally-owned restaurants (Baru 66, Flying Mango, Hoq, Fresh Cafe and others);
- Two VIP tickets to see Alton Brown at the Des Moines Civic Center;
- Two seats valued at $50 each for Cooking Classes;
- More prizes are being added daily.
For more information about the raffle, please contact Deb Cazavilan at 515-577-9937 or via email at email@example.com
Please consider a contribution as we send our very first Slow Food Des Moines delegate to Terra Madre, joining the most diverse U.S. delegation yet to attend!.
Thank You from the Slow Food Des Moines Chapter!